Have you ever found yourself in such a food rut that eating becomes a chore? That’s been me lately with lunches and I know I’m not alone. I want something exciting and maybe even a bit spicy. At the same time, I need something quick and easy, which usually means a sandwich or wrap. So, how do we stop sandwiches from becoming boring? Let me give you a few easy tips and a fabulous recipe to take your sandwich game to the next level!
[Tweet “This #spicy #buffalowing #sandwich spread is the perfect way to add flavor to sandwiches & wraps!”]
Mix Up Your Meats
When people make sandwiches the go to meat is typically lunch meat. Something like ham, turkey, or roast beef. To keep your sandwiches exciting, mix up your meats a bit. Some fun options are:
- Leftover meat from dinner
- Grilled portobello mushroom (technically not meat, but still a tasty choice)
Trade Your Toppings
If you’re going to shake up your sandwiches, you need to trade out your toppings. Standard sandwiches come with lettuce and tomato, and maybe pickles and onions. Those are all tasty options, but they can get a bit routine. If you think outside the box a bit your sandwiches can really rock! Try these toppings:
- Spicy slaw
- Roasted veggies like beets and peppers
- A fried egg
Swap Your Spread
Mayonnaise and mustard are perfectly fine on an ordinary sandwich, but if you want something extraordinary, you’re going to have to find something new to spread on your bread. Shake things up by trying one (or more) of these:
- Spicy Buffalo Wing Sandwich Spread
Spicy Buffalo Wing Sandwich Spread
This fall I’m shaking up my sandwiches with this Spicy Buffalo Wing Sandwich spread. The spicy, creamy, and slightly tangy condiment is easy to make and the perfect punch of flavor for your sandiwches! Follow the recipe below to take your sandwich game to the next level!
- 1/3 cup Tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 Tablespoons Frank's Red Hot or other hot wing sauce
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon melted coconut oil
- Blend together tahini and hot sauce in your blender until well combined. If you like your food a bit on the extra hot side, add another tablespoon or two of hot sauce.
- Slowly stream in oil while blender is running.
- Spread on your favorite bread or wrap for a fabulous sandwich!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for a week or two.